PAPERBACK VS KINDLE

07:00:00




Hello, 

Once upon a time, I downloaded the free kindle app on my Iphone, found a few free books on Amazon, and decided to open my eyes [and my mind] to the wonders of the kindle world. Something I thought I would never do, being a book-a-holic and all. 

If you've been following me for a while then, you'll know I love a good read, and in turn I love a good book, and I was at first dubious about switching to a kindle, it felt like I was cheating on my books, as if they were people and that I was hurting their feelings by upgrading to a new [not so new] technology, and what I discovered was that the kindle wasn't all as bad as I thought it would be, I still got that feel good feeling of reading a book, the words still jumped off of the screen and invoked images in my head just like my paperback books had, and something else that happened was that my reading increased. I wasn't bound by space or waiting for a delivery, I could hop over to Amazon and download a new book in seconds. 




But as much as I love my new found kindle freedom, my reading heart, still affiliated itself with a good traditional paperback, the smell of fresh pages, the feel of the paper, the turning of a page, the artwork of the cover expressing itself on my bookshelf[ves]. 




So the question came down to, which one do I like more? And the truthful answer is none. I like them both equally. There are pro's and cons to both of them. I can only have so many bookcases [and once I've bought a book, there's seldom anything that will make me get rid of it], so physical books have a spacing issue, which is where they joy of the kindle comes in, it can hold so much more, but doesn't provide that nostalgic feel of a physical book. 

So I've settled for both, is that greedy or in it's own way useful? I get the best of both worlds.... 

So my question to you is. Which one do you prefer? E-book or paperback? 

And for anyone wondering, I have the Kindle Fire 7 HD [I wanted a tablet and a kindle, and decided to again, have the best of both worlds]. 


Don't forget to follow me on BloglovinTwitter,Facebook and Instagram for more!

I hope you are all well. 


Miss Jamie-Leigh

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews